Sunday, January 22, 2006

Four

Four Jobs you've had in your life:

  1. Soda jerk
  2. Deck hand on hydrofoil boat at Sea World, San Diego
  3. Hearing aid dispenser
  4. Legal Secretary

Architects or architecture you like:

  1. Santiago Calatrava
  2. Frank Gehry
  3. Hate the fact that New York City is wimpy compared to Europe and even the Middle East.
  4. Rem Koolhaas

Four Movies you could watch over and over:

  1. I can’t watch any movie over and over, but because I can’t remember the details, after a year or so I can watch a movie again and be surprised by a lot of things.

Four all time favorite movies:

  1. The Swimmer (Burt Lancaster)
  2. Heat
  3. Boogie Nights/Magnolia (PT Anderson)
  4. Rudy

Four Places you have lived for around a decade:

  1. Michigan
  2. California
  3. Hawaii
  4. New York

Four of Your Favorite Foods:

  1. Meat
  2. Ice cream
  3. Pan sauce made from deglazing the pan after searing Meat, and then poured over the Meat
  4. France (to get meat with pan sauces)

Four reasons why France is the place you most want to go:

  1. Little farm/restaurants where they serve you what they make/raise (l’auberge)
  2. Sunflowers and Restaurants in the countryside
  3. wine and vineyards
  4. Meat with pan sauces

Would you prefer to live in the mountains or near the ocean?

  1. Ocean
  2. Coast
  3. Del Mar (by the sea)
  4. I’ve lived on islands nearly half my life

What is your favorite color:

  1. yellow light shining on green leaves
  2. how I can sing the same note but make it sound different by in”tone”ation
  3. Rainy days in NYC
  4. Gauguin

Who is your favorite artist by medium:

  1. Gauguin - colors
  2. Sting - sound waves
  3. Annie Dillard - word paintings
  4. Jean-George Vongerichten – arts and crafts that you eat

Four things you love about music:

  1. the physical sensation of sound waves pouring over my body
  2. the feeling you get when you first rub two chords against each other
  3. Seeing music - the shapes and colors I see when I close my eyes
  4. the way that my father and I shared music like others might have shared baseball, and how he taught me to understand it, and how I could watch him for hours playing the organ with both hands, both feet, both eyes and his heart pouring through his face.

No comments: